We’ll be bringing you Around the Rink link updates twice a week – keep an eye out on Tuesdays and Fridays!
This week, we’ve had a retirement, a ” pretty much never retiring”, and another scoring streak from a usual suspect. What else is happening in the hockey world?
- Longtime Star Brenden Morrow re-signed with the team to end his career as a Dallas Star.
- Meanwhile in Florida… Living legend Jaromir Jagr wants to play until he’s 60. If he keeps scoring goals, I don’t think anyone’s going to stop him.
- Roberto Luongo is asking the media all the right questions.
- Sidney Crosby extends his point streak to ten games. Again.
- This is not a new piece by any means, but since #cawlidgehawkey playoffs are happening, I thought I’d throw out a nice piece about John Buccigross.
- Who’ll be in on the Milan Lucic sweepstakes? …if there is a Milan Lucic sweepstakes?
- Kirk Luedeke had some NCAA updates for us this week.
- March 18 is a huge day in NHL history.
- Sometimes, a single game can change history… especially draft lottery history.
- Bruins prospect Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson was named to Hockey East’s All Rookie Team.
Point streak: 10 games
30-goal seasons: Seven pic.twitter.com/8VDQuSLP6O
— NHL (@NHL) March 18, 2016
Hockey East announced All-Rookie Team, other awards including BC's Steve Santini as Top Defensive Defenseman https://t.co/hiJVCzjgr4
— SBN College Hockey (@SBNCollegePuck) March 16, 2016