The playoffs are over and it’s time to think about other things and turn our attention elsewhere:
- Of course, we’re covering the draft, which is coming up on June 24th- 25th. In case you missed any of the profiles, you can find them here. Many more are to follow.
- Down Goes Brown had an interesting grab bag discussing aspects of the SCF, rules about the expansion draft, and the NHL popularity and ratings problems.
- The Blues hired recently ousted Minnesota Wild Head Coach Mike Yeo as an assistant coach this season and successor to Ken Hitchcock in 2017. It’s a curious situation.
- The odds of the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup next season are 25:1 according, while the Penguins are a favoured 8:1.
- The Foxborough Summer Pro League finally has released it’s rosters and schedules. No Bergy or Krug this year, although Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O’Gara, the Hayes brothers, Keith Yandle, Jack Eichel, and newly minted Stanley Cup Champion Brian Dumoulin are on the rosters. If you’re in the area on Wednesday night, or any Wednesday night through August, it’s worth checking out.
What’s on tap?