There isn’t a lot of Bruins news right now so I thought I might just round up some hockey news around the league.
Bruins Related News:
- Yesterday Tommy Cross signed a one-year two-way deal to stay with the Bruins.
- A Boston hotel has created a Bobby Orr suite that includes game-used sticks and seats from the former Boston Garden. It’ll set you back a chunk of change but some of the proceeds benefit the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in his hometown of Parry Sound, Ontario.
Other League News:
- The Penguins had their parade and Olli Maatta looks like he’s partied a little too hard. Or maybe he’s winning the celebration game.
I’ve seen a lot of Stanley Cup celebration pics in my lifetime but this one of Olli Maatta might make me the most envious pic.twitter.com/oSP1ERdf7k
— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) June 15, 2017
- Trades and buyouts are happening around the league. Phony posted this link yesterday which does have a list of transactions related to the movement of players. In addition the Caps made a trade to protect a player they would have to otherwise have to expose. Dan Girardi is being bought out by the Rangers.
- Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson had surgery to repair tendons in his left foot and will likely miss the start of the 2017-18 season. Ottawa is also not bringing Chris Neil back next season.
In B2B News:
- The new Bearly on Topic episode is out now. We talk about the Bruins and the expansion draft at some length, among other things. I’m excited for Sunday because we should have the protection list info and we can talk about what Vegas will do.