Morning Free Association: NBCSNPDQOMGWTFBBQ Hates Us

Embed from Getty Images

Hello! Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Sure, I Ellened myself the other day and I don’t have complete use of my right hand, but I can use at least 2 fingers on my right hand to type a little bit, so there’s that.

I do believe that I am never allowed to use the grater ever again without additional safety measures since I took a chunk out of my thumb and couldn’t get it stitched. Glue to the rescue!

Glue

Anyway, where is this week’s Staying Connected? I feel like we’re missing it. Why can’t all of them involve Sean Kuraly? Like why isn’t he the official host?

Okay, on to today’s “content”.

NBCSNADDITIONALLETTERS has released its national schedule. In addition to the traditional Black Friday Matinee against the New York Rangers, the Bruins play the Blackhawks and the Penguins once a piece. The Habs-Bruins rivalry gets a featured game early in the season and then again later in the season. Too bad Wednesday is no longer Rivalry Night because that’s one of the few that fits that criterion. All of this is normal. However, NBC has decided that Bruins fans haven’t suffered enough and need to be reminded once again that another team won the cup. Yes, the first nationally broadcast game for the Bruins this season is against the St. Louis Blues.

why?

Here’s the complete list:

Saturday, October 26: Blues at Bruins, NBCSN, 7 pm (Fuck you)

Tuesday, November 5: Bruins at Canadiens, NBCSN, 7:30 pm

Friday, November 29: Rangers at Bruins, NBC, 1 pm

Wednesday, December 11: Bruins at Capitals, NBCSN, 7 pm

Sunday, January 19: Bruins at Penguins, NBC, 12:30 pm

Wednesday, February 5: Bruins at Blackhawks, NBCSN, 8 pm

Sunday, February 9: Bruins at Wings, NBC, 12:30 pm

Wednesday, February 12: Canadiens at Bruins, NBCSN, 7:30 pm

Sunday, February 16: Bruins at Rangers, NBC, 3:30 pm

Thursday, February 27: Stars at Bruins, NBCSN, 7:30 pm

Tuesday, March 3: Bruins at Bay Lightning, NBCSN, 7:30 pm

Tuesday, March 10: Bruins at Flyers, NBCSN, 7 pm (Gritty!)

Bookmark the permalink.
the german hammer

About the german hammer

Captain of Bearly on Topic.
newest oldest most recched
Satan 81's Sister
Editor
Satan 81's Sister

Morning all. Surprised they aren’t airing any Bruins/Leafs games since that’s become quite a rivalry and would pull in viewers.

Sure, I Ellened myself the other day

I live my life based on UHF.comment image

The London Bear
Member
The London Bear

There’s a traditional Slovakian dish called halusky that involves grating several potatoes down to a paste. That gif is pretty fitting for how that often turns out!

(Did you once accidentally slice off a finger btw?)

Satan 81's Sister
Editor
Satan 81's Sister

A few years ago I was helping GH make a Swedish apple cake for Anthony and Em’s summer party. My job was to grate the apples. I grated my finger instead. So it’s been a long running joke about me and graters.

IntentionallyWidenberg
Admin
IntentionallyWidenberg

Could be worse – could be Monty Python

The London Bear
Member
The London Bear

Hi folks,

Ooh, a few manatees on there. I like a manatee.

GH, If you need some inspiration about what’s possible without a full complement of fingers, check out Django Reinhardt, the famed two-fingered jazz guitarist

Had a rare family day yesterday with none of us at work or school, so we went to Chiswick House Gardens in west London. This was where The Beatles filmed the Paperback Writer video – considered to be the first ever music promo video (other than a taped live performance).

Nice to see a bit of music history and also nice to find it virtually unchanged after 50 years!

Satan 81's Sister
Editor
Satan 81's Sister

comment image

Sounds like a great family day out for the London Clan!

The London Bear
Member
The London Bear

And ending up in the Boston Room was the icing on the cake, of course!

IntentionallyWidenberg
Admin
IntentionallyWidenberg

They appear to have spread out the games – it’s not overweighted toward Pittsburgh & Chicago this year. (A little heavy on the Blues – that’s probably a mistake)