Last night on the Boston Bruins YouTube channel, Bud Light sponsored a 2011 Bruins watch party of the Stanley Cup win in Game 7. On the Zoom call hosted briefly by Eric Russo and coordinated by Bruins VP of Marketing and Communication, Matt Chmura, virtually the whole team was connected to each other with a slight delay to their viewing feed. Mostly, the guys talked about about what was going on that season along with chirping each other.
What did we learn on the call?
- Tuukka and his wife just welcomed another baby girl named Livia although Tuukka is convinced that she will grow a certain appendage at some point.
- Gregory Campbell is a chirper, with Marchy being the one he attacked most, which he did more and more as he got more and more drunk.
- Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, and Tuukka were all half in the bag. Looch was drinking his 2011 Stanley Cup wine.
- Tyler Seguin was fully in the bag and very quiet all by his lonesome in Dallas.
- Patrice is a perfect saint, didn’t appear to be drinking, admitted that Burrows did bite his finger and that the mark stayed for a while. Patrice is decamping in Boston.
- Zdeno Chara was accused of wrestling alligators in Florida and being wicked tanned. “That’s what I do: I pick them up and put them down.”
- The boys chirped an absent Michael Ryder who lives on “Newfy time” and that he couldn’t figure out the half-hour difference. Ryder showed up before 9pm, EDT.
- Tuukka may have tried to marry off his three daughters to Ryder’s three sons.
- Tim Thomas was there and stuck through his own technical issues and moved to a different part of the house where his signal was better. He said his daughter was helping him out with the glitches. The boys were glad to see him and spoke many times about his motivational speeches throughout the playoffs. They even called him Nostrathomas.
- The boys, especially Marchy and Campbell are relentless chirpers. It kind of reminds me of some of the Skype/ Zoom calls we all do.
- Tuukka said about Chris Kelly, “That’s one of the best defensive centers in the game right there.” When Kelly downplayed that he said “Hey, I might need a contract, you’re in management now.”
- Kelly chided Marchy that his game will go to shit when Bergy retires. Everyone picked on Brad. Thorty got him with, “Hey, didn’t they politely ask you to leave the city that summer?” “Yeah.”
- Dennis Seidenberg was chirped for his red-line slapshots, his “maybe 3-4 goals” scored that way, and how he took about “8000 shots that way”. He was also called the Islanders “babysitter”.
- Johnny Boychuk did the dab a lot. He had to remind Ference that they couldn’t see each other while they’re both in Edmonton due to SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- Pevs was there too. He could barely get a word in edgewise but he looked good.
There was much more. It was a fun watch for sure and 10/10 I would watch again.